Zoom is a website or application that enables you to connect with people over the internet.
You are able to see and hear others in the same session as you and interact in a normal conversation with them.
What do I need?
• You will need a device that is connected to the internet.
• The device can be a smartphone, tablet or computer.
• You will need the Zoom app. You can either download the app before you start your first session or you will be prompted to download the app a little further on in the steps.
To download the app before you start go to the place on your device where you normally download apps. For Apple devices, ie iPhone or iPad this is the App Store. For all other devices you download apps from the Google Play Store.
• Search for the word Zoom in your store and a few options will come up. You need to select the Zoom cloud meetings option.
• Download the app and complete any prompts that your store asks, you should now have the Zoom app on your device.
What happens now?
• We (Inspirations Framing), as organisers of the Zoom appointment will send a link to you. This link will give you access to the session. The link will look something like this;
• We will also send you a Meeting ID which will look something like this
Meeting ID: 994 7323 8113
And a meeting a meeting Password which will look something like this
• A few minutes before the meeting is due to start click on the link you have been provided with.
• The next screen should show an option to Join a Meeting and you need to click it.
• You may then be asked to type in the Meeting ID and then the Password which we sent to you.
• You are nearly there now!
• The next screen will ask if you want to join with video this will allow you to see others in the session and for them to see you, this can be turned on and off during the session if you wish.
• You will then be asked if you want to join with audio this will allow you to hear others in the session and for them to hear you, again this can be turned on an off during the session if you wish
• You should now have gained access to your session.
During the session
• At the bottom of the screen there are some icons of a video camera and a speaker, by clicking those you can turn the video or sound on or off.
• If more than one person is talking at once or there is background noise this can make the conversation break up and be a little frustrating. Try and take it in turns to talk rather than all at once.
• There are some other controls that you can explore the more you use Zoom but for now enjoy connecting with people you know and of course, your appointment with Inspirations Framing!
• If you have not downloaded the Zoom app first and just click the link the session host has provided you may be prompted to download the Zoom app. Follow the instructions on your screen to do this. If this does not happen follow the instructions at the start of this sheet to download the Zoom app.
• If you can’t see or hear the other people in the session your video and/or your microphone is switched off. Find the video camera icon and/or microphone icon at the bottom of the screen and turn the relevant one on.
• If you are still unable to hear and/or see the people in the session there may be an issue with your settings. Here you will need to come off the session and open up the settings on your device. Find the apps option and find Zoom in the list of apps. Open this up and look for permission and ensure that camera and microphone are selected.
Beginners Guide video
If you would prefer to learn about Zoom via a video tutorial, here is one we found on YouTube which seems to have all of the basics explained …
We are delighted to offer our customers the opportunity to have virtual appointments with us at the workshop via ZOOM.
Come and see us without leaving the safety and comfort of your home, see your options live via your home PC, laptop or smartphone.
A ZOOM appointment will enable us to chat with you face to face via our new screen set up in the workshop. We can hold samples up to the camera for you to see or show you the online photographs and dimensions of the frame options live, without you needing to type anything, just guide us to what you would like us to quote you on.
If you are happy with the quote, then we can discuss the ways in which you can get the artwork to us, and how you can collect without any personal contact, when it is ready. Alternatively, we can hold your work until the current lockdown ends and you can collect as normal.